A ‘wonder’ is this universe’s correspondent to the word ‘mutant’. Since the general population isn’t acquainted with scientific theory, the word ‘wonder’ is used to describe human beings with extraordinary abilities. They are believed to have influenced Darwin’s evolution of the species theory and to have been at the epicentre of many historical crises. They’re both blessed with unique abilities and equally unique and cursed with debilitating weaknesses.
What defines a Wonder's 'ability' is exactly this strict balance between what they can achieve through it and what they lose because of it. There's no joy in being born with this genetic mutation, no relief in being 'special' because what you can do gruesomely affects your life and even the lives of the people around you.
- All weaknesses should be complementary to the powers they go with and all powers must have an equally strong weakness.
- Please try to avoid picking the same thing as someone else on the board.
- Feel free to make up your own abilities and weaknesses. In fact, please do! There should be more awesome powers out there.
You can have ONE Wonder for every TWO humans. You can start with a Wonder, if you like, but your next two characters have to be human. Wonder cap is off for now.
Just so there is no confusion, we're going to provide a short example list of powers. They're not explained fully - that's left to the player to write - but they should serve as a useful guide as to what we're looking for. These are by no means the only interpretations of these abilities, so if you want to make up your own weaknesses or interpretations, feel free to do so, as long as you keep things balanced.
- Healing I - the ability to heal people or themselves. However, what might appear as healing is actually an exact form of bio-energy transfer. Since energy cannot be conjured up from thin air, it is taken from living things and, usually, other people. To heal someone, you must harm another.
- Healing II - the ability to heal people but harm yourself. In the same spirit of the abovementioned ability, a wound can be healed in a person by transferring its effects to the healer.
- Blue Fire - Fire that burns and listens to its master. However, to generate such a flame, one must consume large quantities of food. The person's metabolism is therefore irrevocably changed and their body becomes dependant on this continuous circle consisting of constant nourishment and fire generation.
- Invulnerability - The inability to be hurt. Impenetrable, invulnerable skin. It is accompanied by the inability to feel neither pain nor pleasure of the flesh, neither hot nor cold.